The mission of the Technology Department is to support district staff and students as an aid to instruction. Technology is a vital adjunct to classroom instruction and can be a bridge to convey information to students in an interesting and relevant manner. The Technology Department helps maintain a safe and ethical digital environment where students can develop and reinforce the critical thinking, creative problem solving, and communication skills needed to become life-long learners.
The department provides support to all six schools and district office, including software support for all district-approved applications, and is responsible for both data and voice networks.
Germantown School District supports student use of technology resources for the sole purpose of achieving District educational goals, standards, and curricular objectives. All provided educational technology is intended to accommodate a wide variety of learning styles and challenges, bridge time and distance between people, and spark innovation and creativity. Staff and students in the Germantown School District will exercise good digital citizenship practices
• Use school technologies only for teaching and learning-related activities;
• Follow the same guidelines for safe, respectful, responsible behavior online that I am expected to follow offline;
• Be cautious to protect the safety of myself and others;
• Treat school technology tools/resources responsibly and alert staff if there is any problem with their operation;
• Encourage positive, constructive discussion if allowed to use communicative or collaborative technologies;
• Alert a teacher or other adult staff member if I see threatening/bullying, inappropriate, or harmful content (images, messages, posts) online;
• Respect the intellectual and digital property rights of others by citing sources when appropriate;
• Recognize that use of school technologies is a privilege and treat it as such
If you are having issues with a district-issued device, contact the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-502-7150. Tech support is available Monday–Friday 8 am–4 pm. All support is facilitated at Germantown High School.
If a device will need to be repaired or potentially swapped for a temporary replacement, please call or email in advance to schedule a time to come in.