The KMS After School Study Skills Program will begin on Tuesday, September 21. Held after school every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:45–3:45pm in the KMS library, the purpose of the program is threefold:
1. To help students with homework, tests, and projects.
2. To give students access to computers.
3. To give students a quiet place to study.
Every student must have a signed permission slip submitted to the School Counseling Office prior to attending the After School Study Skills Program. (Form only needs to be turned in once.)
Parents are responsible for providing transportation home at 3:45pm on the day(s) their child attends. If a student fails to follow the expectations, s/he may lose her/his privilege to attend study skills.
Study Skills Rules:
• Every student must arrive by 2:45pm and plan to stay until 3:45pm. No student will be permitted to leave early without written permission.
• Every student must have all their study materials, a completed assignment notebook, and a free reading book with them when they arrive. Students will not be allowed to leave the library to go to their lockers.
• Every student is expected to study, work quietly, and be respectful of other students and staff.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact your student's School Counselor.