Summer School Freshman Physical Education
High School Credit-Attaining Freshman PE provides opportunities and experiences to develop the physical, emotional, intellectual, and social aspects of the individual. It also includes rules, safety, strategy, independent projects, and written exams related to the units of activity. The following are examples of types of units offered during Freshman Physical Education: flag football, tennis, lacrosse, badminton, volleyball, basketball, and introduction to personal fitness.
Students who successfully complete this summer class will receive a 0.5 credit of physical education towards the PE graduation requirement.
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Attendance Policy and Behavioral Expectations
• Students must register via Skyward. An enrollment of 15 students is necessary for the course to be offered. The maximum enrollment is 22. A waiting list will be established if maximum enrollment is reached.
• Due to the condensed time frame for summer courses, regular attendance for the course is required. Students who miss a second class must complete a make-up assignment. Students who are absent for more than two classes will be dropped from the course.
• Students arriving late to the start of class will be dropped from the class after the second tardy.
• Students arriving more than 15 minutes late or more at the start of class will be considered absent for the entire period, and the absence policy above will apply.
• All Germantown School District policies and behavioral expectations are enforced during summer school.
Students who take the PE 9 course during summer may not take a physical education class during their freshman year to count towards the 1.5 credits of physical education required for high school graduation. A semester credit (0.5 credit) will be awarded for successful completion of this course.
June 20–July 29
(no classes July 4)
7:30–9:30am or 9:45–11:45am
Held at Germantown High School
On the first day of class, students should enter school thru the Field House doors and meet in the Field House lobby.
If you have additional questions regarding credits required for graduation, please contact the appropriate GHS school counselor:
Elizabeth Mueller — last names A–F
Caryn Hernandez — last names G–L
Perry Benz — last names M–Sch
Susan Bast — last names Sci–Z