(coming September 2022)
Germantown School District is excited to offer half-day 4-year-old kindergarten (4K) beginning September 1, 2022! Children residing in the District who turn four on or before September 1, 2022, are eligible to attend this tuition-free 4K program for the 2022–23 school year.
• The 4K program is a tuition-free program offered by Germantown schools for District residents.
• 4K may be at your neighborhood elementary school (depending on enrollment numbers)
• Enrollment is for children who are four years old on or before September 1 of that school year.
• The 4K program is five days a week for a half-day in either a morning or an afternoon session for two hours, 45 minutes.
• Bus transportation to and from school is provided by GSD busing partner GO Riteway. This will include mid-day busing where only 4K students will be on the bus.
• Wraparound childcare may be available at one of the following community locations; call to check availability:
Children of Christ Day Care
Germantown Learning Center
Innovation Station Day Care
Little Hands Day Care
Momentum Early Learning
Willow Creek Child Care Center
4K Start and End Times
A Typical Day in 4K
Led by a licensed teacher, a typical day in 4K will focus on learning through play and active exploration of the environment, nurturing children's skills in literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional development. School days for 4K will follow the school year calendar for Germantown schools.
Arrival/Welcome: check-in, attendance
Gathering of community
Gross motor/movement break, bathroom, self-care, and snack
Registration is ongoing
April 29 — 4K families are notified via email of their child's school placement and AM/PM assignment for the 2022–2023 school year
May 6 at 3:00 pm — deadline to confirm 2022–2023 4K placement
Coming in May
• 4K Parent Information Night — TBD
• 4K school year calendar
Coming in June
• 4K school supply list
• Information about fall "Welcome to School Night"
Check back for more information about the 4K program as it becomes available.
4K will provide:
• A nurturing, inclusive environment that allows students opportunities for choice and activities that enhance creativity and individual skill development
• A play-based environment
— Meaningful learning experiences
— Natural learning opportunities
— Nurturing academic, emotional, social, and self-regulatory development
• Activities that are designed to meet the developmental levels of students
• A quality curriculum based on the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards and is aligned with District Kindergarten competencies