Four Year Old Kindergarten
Children residing in the District who turn four on or before September 1, 2023, are eligible to attend GSD tuition-free 4K program for the 2023–24 school year.
• The 4K program is a tuition-free program offered by Germantown schools for District residents.
• 4K may be at your neighborhood elementary school (depending on enrollment numbers)
• Enrollment is for children who are four years old on or before September 1 of that school year.
• The 4K program is five days a week for a half-day in either a morning or an afternoon session for two hours, 45 minutes.
• Bus transportation to and from school is provided by GSD busing partner, GO Riteway. This will include mid-day busing where only 4K students will be on the bus.
• Wraparound childcare may be available at one of the following community locations; call to check availability:
Bethlehem Lutheran Child Care
Germantown Learning Center
Innovation Station Day Care
Little Hands Day Care
Momentum Early Learning
Willow Creek Child Care Center
Little Red Schoolhouse, Inc
4K Start and End Times
A Typical Day in 4K
Led by a licensed teacher, a typical day in 4K will focus on learning through play and active exploration of the environment, nurturing children's skills in literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional development. School days for 4K will follow the school year calendar for Germantown schools.
In the December 2022 District Newsletter, parent survey results were shared about the start of the 4K program at Germantown School District. Click here to view.
Arrival/Welcome: check-in, attendance
Gathering of community
Gross motor/movement break, bathroom, self-care, and snack
September 1, 5, and 6 — 4K students will be scheduled for a Ready, Start, Go conference to get to know their teacher and school. More information about these days and the schedule with your teacher will be sent in August.
Thursday, September 7 — First day of school for 4K AM and PM students
Thursday, June 6, 2024 — Last day of school for 4K
Check back for more information about the 4K program as it becomes available.
• A nurturing, inclusive environment that allows students opportunities for choice and activities that enhance creativity and individual skill development
• A play-based environment
— Meaningful learning experiences
— Natural learning opportunities
— Nurturing academic, emotional, social, and self-regulatory development
• Activities that are designed to meet the developmental levels of students
• A quality curriculum based on the Wisconsin Model Early Learning Standards aligned with District Kindergarten competencies