G-Talks: Individual Planning Conference
An Individual Planning Conference (G-Talk) involves students and parents/guardians meeting with school counselors to develop an Individual Learning Plan (ILP). An ILP is a written plan that identifies what is to be achieved and looks toward the future. This conference:
• Is a 30-minute meeting
• Identifies future dreams and evaluates educational and career goals
• Builds a positive dialogue between school and home
• Shares information about students’ strengths, interests, abilities, and potential
• Shares information and resources available through the school and community
• Assists students and parents to manage the educational and career planning process
• Assists students to transition to the next phase of their lives
Our goal is to create a plan for each student’s academic success and career development.
• Students take responsibility for their future
• Students and parents/guardians share their thoughts and feelings
• Parents are more informed and involved
• Students and parents/guardians are motivated to be involved earlier in post-secondary planning
• Student apprehension about school and future goals is reduced
• A connection is developed between school, parents/guardians, and students to assure academic success
Topics of Discussion
• Career Exploration, Assessment, and Planning
• Co-Curricular Activities
• Goals and Dreams
• Freshman Course Selection
• Graduation Requirements
• ndividual Learning Plans
• Learning Styles Strengths and Interests
• Volunteer Activities
• WKCE Test Results
8th GRADE G-TALK CONFERENCE DATES
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Thursday, January 27, 2022
Join the KMS School Counselors, Deni Topitzes and Becky Wittemann, for a 30-minute meeting where the goal is to help every 8th grader grader share their plan for their educational goals, academic success, and career development.
Parental involvement in this conference is crucial for your child’s successful transition to high school.
On the night of the conference, each student will receive a packet containing important information for high school. It is mandatory that they bring their CHROMEBOOK!
Sessions will be held in the Gold Activity Center and the Library on both nights. Please sign-up for the day/time that best fits you and your student to join. You can enter through the main entrance, Door #1, to check in.
Questions? Please contact Stacie Karrels in the Guidance office, 262-502-7326.